Ovarian cancer caused by Johnson & Johnson baby powder
- $4.6 billion verdict awarded to Krystal Kim & 9000 plaintiffs who developed ovarian cancer or mesothelioma (heart, lung, abdomen) using Johnson & Johnson asbestos-lased cosmetic talcum baby powder
- For decades, Johnson & Johnson had proof baby powder causes cancer but failed to warn consumers
How do commercial, toxic personal care products harm your health?
- Skin is your largest & thinnest organ so it absorbs chemicals from housecleaning products
- Chemicals on skin absorbed straight into bloodstream without filtering so trigger toxic/acidic internal environment
- Comparison: Chemicals on skin/scalp worse than eating food with chemicals because enzymes in saliva & stomach break down chemicals & flush from body but skin has no filter
How can you identify healthy, non-toxic personal care products?
First step is to check out Environmental Working Group Skin Deep database