Coconut oil contains “healthy fats” that can impact your health particularly heart, brain, skin, hair and metabolism. Also, it is a healthier and more efficient cooking alternative to olive oil, butter or margarine.
Here are health benefits of coconut oil:
- Contains “healthy fats” – saturated fats called medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) which can provide your body and brain with quick energy
- Kills harmful microorganisms so anti-bacterial – Contains lauric acid which kill harmful pathogens — bacteria, viruses and fungi such as candida
- Raises good HDL cholesterol and improves heart health
- Boosts metabolism – Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil can increase calories burned
- Improves skin & hair health – Moisturizes hair and skin and blocks sun’s ultraviolet rays
- Improves dental health & beat bad breath – Oil pulling involves using coconut oil as a mouth wash which can improve gum health and kill bacteria in your mouth
- It is delicious!