HOW DO CRANBERRIES PROMOTE WEIGHT LOSS, DETOXIFICATION & GENERAL HEALTH MAINTENANCE?
In Anne Louise Gittleman’s books, The Fat Flush Plan and Fat Flush for Life, she explains her “Fat Flush” program, which includes the health benefits of cranberries. Her programs have helped many people reach their goal weight, detox their bodies, and feel healthy and vital. Since approximately 70% of your immune system is in your gut, cleansing your digestive organs, particularly your liver is essential to health.
WHAT ARE HEALTH BENEFITS OF CRANBERRIES?
- Antioxidants, including polyphenols, are higher in cranberries than in red wine, blueberries, strawberries, oranges or broccoli & enable LIVER DETOXIFICATION
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C & E
- LIVER ACIDITY is triggered by folic acid, boron, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium & sulfur
- ANTI-VIRAL & anti-bacterial
- Malic acid is digestion regulator and helps protect against diarrhea
HOW DO CRANBERRIES PROMOTE WEIGHT LOSS?
- LYMPHATIC CONGESTION can slow down metabolism but cranberries trigger lymphatic release
Fat is the only food element that moves through the lymphatic system. The proteins and carbohydrates that we ingest go right from the intestines into the blood stream but the intestinal lymphatics draw fat into the lymphatic system before it reaches the blood. When the lymph isn’t flowing properly, excess fluid that isn’t draining from our tissues causes them to swell. These bloated, inflamed tissues can add up to 10 or 15 pounds to your weight.
GITTLEMAN’S RECOMMENDATION FOR DETOXIFICATION PROGRAM
- Drink 8 glasses of “cran-water” day
- One ounce 100% unsweetened organic cranberry juice with 7 ounces of water